New Kitten Tips
Special Kitten Needs:
- Ultra Premium foods with higher levels of essential protein, fat, vitamins, and minerals while avoiding non-nutritional and harmful “by-products” and fillers.
- Non-grain based foods as cats are carnivores and naturally require the highest level of protein.
- Plenty of fresh water is essential as cats will generally not drink from stale water sources.
- Measured feedings left throughout the day supplemented with canned varieties to increase the moisture in their diet. Discard stale leftovers to ensure eating.
- Easy access to a clean and maintained litter pan.
- Regular play encouraging toys and scratching pads, trees or posts. Avoid playing with hands or feet in order to discourage unwanted biting in adult cats.
- Regular brushing to reduce the build-up of hairballs or excessive shedding.
Things to Consider:
- Scratching surfaces that are appropriate as an alternative to furniture, carpets, and other valued surfaces.
- Drinking fountains that provide fresh moving water to encourage regular drinking.
- Climbing towers, scratching pads, posts and other interactive toys to ensure kittens have regular exercise, reducing the chance of the development of destructive behaviors.
- Wand toys, ball toys and small plush toys that will encourage play